Welded Wire Screens
Buffalo Wire Works is the leading manufacturer of highly abrasion resistant wire welded sizing screens in the world.
These style screens are available from 9/16″ space to 8″ space openings with wire diameters between 1/4″ to 3/4″. This wire is some of the hardest in the world up to 500 Brinell. For example, this wire is harder and more abrasion resistant than Hardox® 450.
Welded screens are used to size material in the aggregate, mining, slag, coke, recycling and coal markets.
Welded screens last three times longer than standard woven screens. Welded wire is made of a more abrasive resistant steel and has a smooth surface that rocks slide down for a more even and constant wearlife.
- Welded screens give up to 20% more throughput due to improved stratification and less plugging.
- The Welded wire design helps eliminate plugging problems because the wires are on each direction are on different planes.
- Increased screen life leads to more production, less down time and fewer maintenance costs.
- Welded screens are easier to install as they are arched to fit the deck.
- Wires can be clustered to protect support bars.
- A smaller piece of screen or “wearpad” can be welded on a screen in the feed area to strengthen the screen locally and to significantly increase wear life, while maintaining open area.
Want to know more about our wire cloth solutions?
Our experienced staff is available to discuss your needs and to help determine which product is best for your particular application.
Request a quote or call us at (800) 828.7028