- Lead design projects of tooling, new products and equipment from design concept/prototype to production release with a hands-on approach.
- Ensure projects are completed on-budget and in a timely manner.
- Design and develop cutting edge products/tooling to expand product offering.
- Work with automation, manufacturing and systems engineers to design equipment and processes for customized products using design for manufacturing principles.
- Collaborate with cross functional teams to make design improvements for increased production, quality and safety.
- Serve as Subject Matter Expert in the area of mechanical design, design for manufacturing (DFM) and 3D modeling.
- Provide technical support to production and sales as needed.
- Use project management software to track progress.
- Perform any additional tasks assigned by management.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Mechanical Engineering.
- 5+ years’ experience in a manufacturing environment
- 2+ years’ experience in autonomous decision-making and driving projects.
- Expert use of recent (2019+) AutoDesk Inventor, AutoCAD.
- Experience upgrading and designing automated machines and/or new products preferred.
- Familiarity with use of Microsoft Dynamics Nav (or other ERP systems).
- Exceptional hands-on and analytical abilities, organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (i.e. oral and written).
- Strong documentation and project management skills.
- Ability to work well both independently and within a team as well as be coachable.
- Effective time management skills.